Our Zoo policies
In order to ensure that your visit is enjoyable for you, other guests, and the animals, please observe the following Niabi Zoo policies:
- Pets are not allowed in the zoo.
- Service animals are permitted at the zoo. Click here to review Niabi Zoo’s service animal policy
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on Zoo grounds (unless at approved events).
- Glass containers are not
- Disposable straws are not permitted.
- Smoking/vaping/e-cigarettes/cannabis is not permitted on Zoo grounds.
- Laser pointers and other visual devices are not permitted to entice/antagonize animals.
- Balloons are not permitted anywhere on Zoo grounds.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, and foot scooters are not permitted.
- Power-driven mobility devices that fall within our policy are permitted at the zoo. Click here for more information (PDF).
- Climbing on barriers, walls, and trees or walking through flower beds is not allowed.
- Only food supplied by staff or from animal dispensers at the Koi Pond and Domestic Animal Area may be fed to designated animals in those areas.
- For feeding experiences, only food provided by Zoo staff will be allowed.
- Guests listening to music/electronic devices must wear earphones.
- Clothing and footwear must be worn at all times.
- Commercial photography is not permitted without permission from Zoo Administration (form available in Administration).
- Remote control/motorized devices, such as drones, toys, etc., are not permitted.
- No rain checks or refunds will be issued.
Violence Free Facility
- Profane language will not be tolerated.
- The use of verbal or physical violence is prohibited.
- The possession or use of dangerous weapons (guns, hunting knives, explosives, etc.) on Zoo property is prohibited.
You are welcome to take photos and/or videos for your personal use only; commercial photography is prohibited without the written consent of the Zoo.
Lost or theft
Niabi Zoo and the Rock Island County Forest Preserve District are not responsible for the loss or theft of vehicles or personal property or damage to vehicles or personal property on premises.
If you have lost an item, please check with our Gift Shop staff to see if it has been returned.
We sometimes photograph or videotape visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Entry to the zoo grants permission for the use of these images.